Bass player, double bass player, arranger and composer
It is with great pleasure that I am going to introduce you to Davide Pezzin in this brief interview. But first I absolutely have to let you know that it was just seeing his performances as a young man that I was struck by the desire to learn to play bass. So much so that I bought my first 4 strings from him!
I will not dwell more, otherwise, I think a tear falls on my memories, and I don’t want to take away space from this great artist who deserves all your attention!
1) How did you approach music? how was your passion born?
A lot of music has always been heard in my house, I especially remember two collections of vinyl, one of jazz and one of classical music from which I received my first musical emotions.
Then my mother rented me a piano, I was about eight years old, I did my first studies “more bay, bona, my first Bach” but I wasn’t particularly involved until I heard my brother Joe’s funk group and the slap sound of the bass player, it was a shock!
I immediately asked my mother to rent me an electric bass guitar but she told me that I had to continue with the piano, fortunately, my brother felt my desire, and the next day he bought me with his money my first bass Tamaki, I thank him again today!
I think this is the real beginning of my musical career.
2) Was it easy to follow this passion for you, or did you have difficulty? If yes, which ones?
Fortunately, I didn’t have any difficulties’, I think it was quite natural to follow the music, I liked organizing a thousand groups with as many musical genres, and the luck was having two parents who let me take advantage of a room in the house as a rehearsal room.
The rehearsal room has always been one of the big problems for young musicians who don’t know where to vent their artistic instincts or simply cultivate a passion. After the first years of experimentation, the conservatory was the natural educational path.
3) What is your biggest success? And what made you most happy?
Personally what I consider to be the greatest success has been working in some of the most important recording studios in the world. In San Francisco the Plant and the Fantasy studio, where when you enter you see rows of gold records that have made the history of music and breathe the air of those great artists who have recorded their masterpieces.
4) Have you collaborated with other successful artists? important collaborations?
I had the honor of collaborating with artists and musicians whom I greatly admire, for example, Marco Paolini with whom I contributed to the making of the music for “the million” and with whom we had fantastic theater tours.
Corrado Rustici, one of the most influential music producers, with whom I recorded many records, for Italy and for America.
Enrique Gonzalez Muller producer sound engineer of Dave Mattews band, Tina Turner, Joe Satriani, Metallica etc.
These are some of the artists who, between collaborations or concert openings as supporters, have had the joy of knowing:
- Cristiano De Andrè, Piero Pelu ‘, Cristian Mayer, Walter Calloni, Phill Mer, Amy Stewart, Adriano Pennino, Peppe Vessicchio,
- Elisa, L’Aura, Tullio De Piscopo, Alex Britti, Mario Biondi, Rudy Rotta, Alberto Fortis, Vittorio Matteucci, Malika Ayane, Red
- Canzian, Ron, Zucchero. As a supporter, I opened for the concerts of Korn, Lee Ryan, REM, Ben Harper, Limp Bizkit, Renato Zero, Luciano Ligabue, Lenny Kravitz, Alanis Morisette, Police.
I played in various record productions including:
- Cristiano De Andrè – De Andrè sings De Andrè vol. 1 – Universal
- Cristiano De Andrè – De Andrè sings De Andrè vol. 2 – Universal
- Elisa- Then cames the sun – Sugar Warner
- Elisa soundtracks – warner
- Gianluca Carollo quartet- Pa We. Caligula
- Filippo Perbellini feat Alex Britti- Half and a half- Motown
- Marco Paolini- The million – Polygram
- The Aura – Okumuki- Sony Music
- The Aura – The Aura – Sony Bmg
- L’Aura- Today – Sony BMG
- The Aura – Demian – Sony BMG
- Ivana Spain – The circle of life – Universal
- Mistonicivo – Virus – Flood Records / Virgin
- Mistonocivo – Edgar – Native
- Miltonic Art – Unplugged 139
- Carlos Delgado – nha bank – Bissau guinea net
- Sound it- Going home – distant world
- Sound it – Acoustics – World records
- Patrizia liquidate – Portuguese address- Virgin
- Gen green- g – new city
- Independent projects:
- Kingdom of Back – Hearts and cows
- Kingdom of Back – Pandora
- Overband – Overband
- The world of Lucy- We have so much High
- Elevated Road
- Letters from Silence
- Live Tour:
- Marco Paolini – The
- Millennium 2000/01 Mistonocivo – 2002/05
- The Aura – 2006/08 award mei
- Cristiano De Andrè – 2009/13 mei Ligabue award – 2014
5) In the course of your career in the world of music, do you understand what people like or understand it is like the search for the sacred Grail?
I think the secret is in the dream.
People need to dream, and music is a preferential gateway to the dream dimension.
If an artist opens to his people his dream world then he will succeed in reaching the dreamlike imagination of those who listen to that music.
6) What do you think about today’s music scene?
I like many artists out there.
Pop music is, in my opinion, at a very high level of production and arrangement: Muse, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams …
The live shows are treated in detail and the musicians are incredibly prepared, of course, I’m talking about the big productions.
I like electronic music that blends with instruments like Nils Petter Molvaer, Daft Punk, Battles. in jazz, I really like Avishai Choen, Brad Mehldau, Kurt Rosenwinkel, and many others.
Of course, we miss the various Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Games Brown, Michael! but as you know life is like this …
7) What does music mean to you?
I have been a musician for about twenty years, at this time everything happened to me, it would take a book of a few thousand pages to describe it, I think that a few other “works” would have given me the opportunity to know so many people, I think that being a musician as well as intensely living the magic of music gives you the chance to live intensely every moment of life without knowing the nightmare of boredom.
I recommend it to everyone as a doctor for the soul, even just a hobby!